Public Trail Rides
The Stable at Lord Stirling is pleased to offer guided trail rides to riders who do not have experience with horses. These special walk-only, Western saddle trail rides will be available 11:30am and 12:45pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, weather permitting, beginning Wednesday, January 11th. Check-in time is 20 minutes before each scheduled ride.
Experienced trail guides will go out with two or three riders per trail ride.
- Riders must be at least 9 years of age and 5’0". Participants between 9 – 14 years of age must be accompanied on the trail ride by an adult.
- Participants must be 190 lbs. or less.
- All participants must wear long pants.
- Certified equestrian helmets are required and may be borrowed from the Stable office.
- Shoes or boots with a smooth, hard sole and defined heel are required and may be borrowed from the Stable office.
- Registration is online at www.somersetcountyparks.org and closes two days before the ride.
Questions? Call 908.722.1200 X5522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEES: $40/Somerset County residents; $50/out of county residents
Click on the following link to register for a ride:
PLEASE NOTE: There will be no refunds for public trail rides unless the ride is cancelled due to the weather or footing conditions.
If you have individualized needs due to a disability, please call 908-526-5650 and we will be happy to arrange reasonable modifications. Three weeks’ notices is required to ensure that appropriate modification can be provided.
Lord Stirling Stable, 256 S. Maple Avenue, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920